First things first… in a little over a week I head to South America to explore places like this:
Gorgeous, right? It makes every hour of my crazy-packed-why-did-say-yes-to-this-all workweek totally worthwhile. I just keep thinking: good wine, cheap gelato, mountains, glaciers, more good food, bike tours, sleep… Sigh.
But back to the matter at hand.
Last week my friend Amanda offered a challenge, of which I accepted and then promptly forgot about. I’d like to blame my insane work load but in truth, by the end of the day I have been opting to veg in front of the TV rather than sit in front of another computer (which i guess I can blame on work). Better late than never, right? It’s kind of a get to know you thing and I invite all of you to give it a go. So here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Tag 11 people and let them know that you’ve tagged them.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. When I was younger I was slightly obsessed with little orphan Annie
2. My favorite song started with “Maybe far away, or maybe real near by….” I still know all the words to every song
3. I also used to dream about starring in a musical on broadway
4. I love hip hop dancing and used to take classes every week.
5. I ate butternut squash ravioli for dinner tonight. It’s from Trader Joes and if you haven’t ever had it, RUN to your closest TJ’s to try it out. Yum.
6. I used to put on shows at home for my parents to watch. I also used to charge them admission.
7. In one said show my BFF and I put on a circus performance where we took turns being the animal and the ring master
8. I’ve visited something like 25 countries and 6 continents. I still wanna see more places.
9. I dream of visiting Spain and Moracco
10. My favorite show on TV right now is Modern Family. Happy Endings is pretty dang funny too.
11. Today I downloaded Katie Herzig’s new album. So good.
Questions from Amanda (you should check out here blog. you can thank me later)
1. Did you have a nickname as a child? What was it?
Hmm my mom called me ladybug. In high school I had the nickname Giggles. In college, Goodie for Goodman
2. What movie can you quote best?
The Three Amigos “My little buttercup has the sweetest smile!”
3. What was your favorite pastime in middle school?
4. What did the high-school you want to be when you grew up?
I don’t remember. Maybe an elementary art teacher.
5. Are you afraid of heights?
Yes but yet… I still love to challenge it with rock climbing and rappelling and such
6. What was the highlight of your week?
Turning 2 projects in and crossing them off my list
7. What is your favorite city?
In America — San Francisco; Otherwise — Florence, Italy
8. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to?
Not gonna lie — Justin Timberlake
9. If I gave you the day “off” — from your job or kids or whatever your usual responsibilities — what would you do?
Take a day trip to somewhere I haven’t been to recently like the Getty Museum in LA or just spend the day at the beach with J
10. In your opinion, what is the best song to rollerskate to?
It’s gotta be a slow one. Who wrote that great hit “Right there waiting for you”??
11. What are you doing after this?
Challenging J to a game of Monopoly Deal
11 Questions for my LUCKY and talented friends:
1. What has been the best part of your day today?
2. If you could take any class to learn something new, what would it be?
3. What was the first concert you went to?
4. What’s one thing you should do more often?
5. Favorite book?
6. What decoration in your house do you feel best represents you?
7. What is your perfect date?
8. Best childhood memory with your mom or dad?
9. Do you think you could live without your smart phone and facebook for a year?
10. Your favorite blog to read (and don’t say mine)?
11. What are you most looking forward to this March?
Alrighty taggies, let’s hear what you have to say (and anyone else who wants to play). And check out these girls blogs too while you are at it.