I am sla-eeeeee-py today. I always find it hard to get back into the swing on things on Mondays. My mind feels like it’s full of liquid concrete sloshing around, trying to move but too heavy to get anywhere. It probably doesn’t help that J and I both work from home so there are no conversations around the coffee pot, no Monday meetings to get us chatting, just the two of us stumbling out to the living room in silence, plopping down on the couch to watch the Today Show and slowly coming alive. This morning was so bad I had to take a break at 11am and go for a run just to wake my body up. Does everyone have Mondays like that?
I had a pretty great weekend. It was just what we really needed–quiet and relaxing. J has been getting over a cold so I decided we needed to limit our outtings to give him some time to get better. I also wanted to sleep in. 🙂 Here are a few of my favorite things from the weekend:
1. walking to the beach on Sunday for a little hang time with the hubs
2. bumping into Jon Foreman (Switchfoot) and his dad, pastor Mark, on our way home from the beach. Awkward double-takes and fan hellos ensued.
3. homemade blueberry pie with friends Saturday night after a delicious meal (recipe to come…soooo good!)
4. realizing that I can run 5 minutes in a row without falling over dead. BIG accomplishment for this non-runner
5. sleeping in past 7:30 two days in a row! Bliss!
6. our after-dinner bike ride to watch the sunset over the ocean
I must say, it’s not too shabby living here. This summer has been so much prettier than last year. And walking 5 minutes to get to the beach? Not too shabby at all.